Four year Old Preschool is designed to serve children who are economically or environmentally disadvantaged, four year old preschools are quickly becoming a mainstay in public schools. District classrooms offer a half-day, five-day a week developmentally preschool program that aligns with the Kansas State Department of Education Early Learning Guidelines and Standards.
Services we offer:
The Early Childhood Department at Greenbush plays a significant role in the operation of the preschools in the consortium by grant writing and reporting, recruitment and acceptance of eligible children, hiring staff, classroom coordination of materials and furnishings, and staff development. Student applications are available and processed through the Early Childhood Department.
How does this benefit schools:
Many of the children accepted into the classrooms may not have other preschool options in their community, lack the resources to pay for private preschool or do not meet eligibility requirements for other programs. The goals of the program are to:
- Help at-risk preschool children acquire the skills, knowledge, and behaviors that they need to transition successfully to kindergarten.
- Reduce the number of at-risk children who are retained in grade during their primary school years.
- Reduce the number of at-risk children who are referred for special education evaluations during their primary school years.
- Reduce the achievement gap between at-risk and non at-risk primary age children.
- Increase the level of parent participation in the education of their at-risk children.
- Provide information to policy makers to assist in planning programs and services for at-risk preschoolers.
Four Year Old At-Risk Preschools are located in school districts across Southeast Kansas. The program is directed from Greenbush's main campus.
947 W. 47 Hwy
Girard, KS 66743
Free to children who meet one of several qualifying criteria.
Districts generate a per child, .5 FTE weighted enrollment.