The Greenbush Migrant Education Program offers a variety of services to qualified migrant students that will be tailored to meet individual needs. The Greenbush Migrant Services Specialist works with school districts to ensure migrant students receive the academic assistance and support they need. Since the Greenbush MEP works closely with each school district to meet the individual needs of students, each district's services may look different.
Services we offer:
- After school tutoring in math and reading
- Summer School for reading and math
- Migrant counseling when appropriate
- Coordination with Birth to Three
- Coordination with Parent’s as Teachers
- Providing school supplies for all identified students upon request
- Providing Bilingual books when appropriate
- Providing supplemental instructional materials and technology
- Coordinating Migrant student support services
- Providing access to the Migrant/ESOL Lending Library
- Coordinating medical expenses
- Providing professional development (including onsite)
- Providing access to migrant related webinars
- Organizing and hosting Migrant Parent Action Committee meetings
- Identifying and Recruiting families in Eastern Kansas districts
How does this benefit schools:
These migrant student services are absolutely free to districts that we serve under the Kansas Migrant Education Program. Our department has the expertise in enhancing programs already designed by the district in providing supplemental services for those receiving at risk services.
Free to districts in the Greenbush Migrant Project and service area with identified migrant students enrolled in the district.