Special Education Consortium provides comprehensive services to assist the special education cooperatives with issues around school improvement, Title II, and No Child Left Behind.
Services we offer:
- Greenbush Comprehensive Online Needs Assessment:
- Assesses QPA Quality and Performance Indicators as well as staff development needs based on the Kansas Staff Development Rubric
- Center-based professional development sessions at no charge
- Special Education Cooperative staff may attend those center-based School Improvement Services workshops for which the registration fee is $35.00 per day at no charge
- Special content professional development sessions
- Two center-based professional development sessions focusing on special education related topics to be held annually
- On-Site Training and Technical Assistance
- Upon request each member coop will receive three days of on-site training. Greenbush staff will conduct training at no additional fee to member coops. Many consultants may require a fee greater than $250 per day. In such cases SIS will pay $250 plus travel expenses toward the required fee. Additional presenter fees will be the responsibility of the coop. Additional days of training or technical assistance may be purchased at a member rate of $500.00 per day.
How does this benefit schools:
- Districts who provide their own special education services and belong to School Improvement Services Consortium and the Title II High Quality Teacher Consortium will not be assessed additional fees for these services.
- Each member will receive one scholarship to the Leadership Academy.
Michael Koonce, Director of Learning Services
$1,200 Base Fee
$45 X FTE of certified and professional staff