Kansas Statewide CTE Mentoring Network
Greenbush – The Southeast Kansas Education Service Center received a federal grant award under the Career & Technical Education (CTE) Teacher Pathway Initiative to implement a Kansas Statewide CTE Mentoring Network. Objectives of the project include:
- Partner with the Kansas Center for Career & Technical Education to enhance and expand their mentoring program, and align their program to state & national standards for best practices in mentoring.
- Develop an online Community of Practice to institutionalize mentoring best practices, including developing Explorations modules in conjunction with the New Teacher Center.
- Improve partnerships with the CTE teacher education programs (PSU, KSU, FHSU). Each IHE partner will work collaboratively within their region to support both mentors and mentees.
- Increase the number of trained CTE mentors within Kansas for a total of 75, thus impacting an estimated 25+ new teachers per year.
- Institute a statewide public marketing campaign to increase awareness of CTE mentoring opportunities.
Those interested in participating in the mentoring program may sign up at: KCCTE Statewide Mentoring Network