Environmental and Custodial Consortium
We help districts provide a safe, healthy school environment.
- Indoor air quality testing. The U.S. General Accounting Office reports that one in five American schools has indoor air quality problems. We help you identify and eliminate the conditions that promote indoor air quality problems in your school district.
- Asbestos inspections. Our certified inspectors work with you to perform the most economical inspection possible so that you stay in compliance and keep your schools safe throughout all stages of their life cycle.
- Playground safety inspections. Each year, over 60,000 American children are seriously injured on school playgrounds. Our certified inspectors help make your playgrounds a safer place for kids to play.
- Record keeping. We maintain the mandated and required records for :
- Asbestos inspections and staff training.
- Written compliance and training programs for haz comm, lockout/tagout, blood-borne pathogen, confined spaces, respiratory protection, etc. as required by OSHA, EPA, Kansas Dept. of Labor, KDHE, and others.
- Compliance review. We review your records and help you determine where your school district stands in regard to general safety and environmental compliance.
- Mandated safety training. Government regulations require your school district to document that you have trained your employees regarding asbestos, chemical safety, bloodborne pathogens, lockout/tagout, confined spaces, respiratory protection, forklifts/powered industrial trucks, scaffolding/powered lifts, and many other issues.
- We provide this training. We help your school district prevent injuries, cut down on workers compensation claims, and reduce property damage by providing voluntary safety training for your employees.
- Maintenance/Custodial Support. Quarterly forums for maintenance/custodial supervisors to discuss the latest issues and techniques in housekeeping and maintenance.
- Thermal Imaging. Greenbush recently purchased a thermal imaging camera allowing staff to investigate roof leaks, water infiltration, electrical troubleshooting along with the many other uses thermal imaging can address.
HVAC Preventative Maintenance
Greenbush partners with Design Mechanical, Inc. to provide school districts with an HVAC preventative maintenance program. We work to help schools save money on HVAC-related expenditures and to extend the life of HVAC units.
- A customized preventative maintenance program to meet district needs
- Visual inspections of components
- Belts will be tested for proper wear
- Air filters wil be provided and replaced
- Economizer filters will be checked and condition documented
- Condenser coils will be washed and coil cleaner used as needed
- Check unit for proper refrigerant charge level
- Inspect fan brackets and motor supports for proper integrity
- Emergency service available 24 hours per day
- 10% discount on parts
- Training for maintenance staff at Greenbush Maintenance Forums
- Review inspection reports, operation, and maintenance procedures with appropriate school district personnel
Option 1: HVAC Inspection and/or Filter Change, 2 times per year
Option 2: HVAC Inspection and/or Filter Change, 3 times per year
Option 3: HVAC Inspection and/or Filter Change, 4 times per year
Contact Fred Meier for pricing.
The Greenbush Energy Group allows schools to take advantage of the deregulation of natural gas, providing an economic opportunity previously reserved for large industrial and commercial customers. We assist schools in taking the maximum advantage of the savings from transport gas.
Members of the Greenbush Energy Group benefit from the purchasing power of all member districts.
- Vendor qualifications
- Volumetric discounts
- Contract standardization
- Error rectification and training
- Hedging advice
- Budget projection
- KCC interventions
- Legislative updates