SARE Grant 2022
Aeroponics and Career Education
Calling all 5th-12th grade Student Enrichment members! Would you like to engage your students in fun, intentional, career and science education?
Look no further than partnering with Greenbush and the Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Youth Educator Grant (SARE). Apply or nominate an educator from your district for this unique opportunity for the 2022-2023 school year!
Selected Recipients will be entered in a drawing to receive:
- An Aeroponic Tower Garden or Hydroponic Grow Tub for the classroom
- Field trip experience for students to explore hydroponics, horticulture, and the culinary arts
- Opportunities to connect your students to guest speakers for career education
- FREE Professional Development
12 applicants will be selected to receive a day of professional development on the Greenbush campus which includes a tour of the Greenbush Hydroponic Greenhouse, cross curricular activities related to horticulture, gardening, sustainability, farm to school, and more!
8 of the selected applicants will receive a FREE hydroponic grow tub for their school/classroom, as well as starter plants, and starter nutrients
4 of the selected applicants will receive a FREE Aeroponic Tower Garden for their school/classroom as well as starter plants. These applicants will also receive assistance setting up the tower garden in their classroom, as well as a year of continued support sustaining the system.
Participants will also be entered into a drawing for:
- A Career Education field trip day for a group of their students to tour and get hands on the Greenbush Hydroponic Greenhouse and Culinary Program.
- An opportunity to connect their class with guest speakers to discuss their careers in the fields of restaurant management and agriculture.