Specialized Learning Services
Through no fault of their own, educators are often ill-equipped to serve many of our most vulnerable and challenging student populations. We believe that it is the right of all educators to have access to the highest quality of support, for all students to receive a safe, rewarding, and appropriate educational experience, and for caregivers to have the necessary means to support the health and well-being of their families and confidently engage in their communities. Our mission is to foster connection and a sense of well-being in others so that our students, schools, and communities thrive.
Core Services & Member Benefits
- Personalized Professional Development for building local capacity
- College Credit professional learning, including Greenbush University & Greenbush Training Camp
- Workshop attendance at reduced or no cost
- Special Education Administrators Forum
- Unlimited Participation in SLS Social Work Forums, SEL/Behavior Collaboration Forums, School Psychologist Collaboration Forums, Transition Forums, and Early Career Special Education Teacher Forums
- Transition Alliance
*Forums include a series of events which can be registered for and attended individually
- SEL Curriculum Implementation Support
- Early Career School Psychologist Cadre
- SIT/GEI Process support
- Individual Student Consultation and Problem Solving (Project Stay)
- Programming and Support for Low-Incidence Disabilities
- Behavior Collaboration Cadre
- Transition and Indicator 13 Support
- Instructional Strategies for Improving Classroom Management
- IEP Quality and Compliance Review/Support
- Social Skills Training Support
- Trauma and Resilience Training and Support
- Staff Wellness and Mindfulness Support
- Creating an Inclusive and Positive School Culture
- Collaborative Problem Solving
- Special Education Support and Personnel Cadre
- Accommodations and Differentiation in the Classroom Support
- Alternative School Policy/Plans/Implementation Support
- Linkage/Liaison to Community Agency
- Crisis and De-escalation Interventions and Problem-Solving
- Teaching for Gen. Ed and SPED Collaboration Support
*Cadres are year-long professional learning opportunities that require commitment to attendance and participation
Specialized Learning Services offers customized professional development opportunities tailored to meet the unique needs of your organization. Whether your district/cooperative needs targeted training for a small group of staff working with individual students or district-wide training, our team can support your professional learning needs. Our team appreciates the varying challenges presented to all staff, from district-level administration to paraprofessionals, as they educate students with diverse learning needs. We are here to educate, train, and support you in this endeavor.
Serving Districts Throughout Kansas
As a Specialized Learning Services consortium member, all of your staff have access to many additional learning opportunities at no additional cost.
Review Needs and Current Goals
-Meet with an SLS Consultant or the SLS Director to review district and/or building needs and goals
-Review SLS options related to specific needs and goals
Determine, Select and Schedule Supports
-Select customizable SLS professional development, coaching, and consultation options
-Provide specific details for support delivery
Reflect and Review
Utilize check-ins to review current supports and make adjustments
Expand your Knowledge
Consortium members at all levels are eligible to attend our regional workshops at discounted rates.
-Student consultation, coaching, and video conferencing credited toward the balance on an hourly basis.
-Teletherapy services are credited toward the balance on a half-hour basis.
-On-site professional development services credited toward balance in increments of half-and full-day.