Greenbush assists school districts in providing a safe transportation system. We also help school districts keep in compliance with federal and state mandates by offering numerous services.
This consortium promotes a safe and healthful school transportation system by providing cost-effective training and services. Our Transportation Supervisor Forums keep the district managers up-to-date on the many rules and regulations that apply to school transportation. We provide the following:
- Quarterly forums for transportation supervisors to discuss the latest issues in pupil transportation. These forums often feature guest speakers presenting their expertise on various transportation topics.
- CPR/First Aid training offered at Greenbush and at member schools
- Medic First Aid Instructor training is offered to school nurses wanting to teach CPR/First Aid
- AED discounted purchase program with training
- AAA Driver Improvement Program is offered at Greenbush and at members schools
- School Bus Driver Safety meetings presented at member schools on a fee basis
- Endorsement and coordination of a Comprehensive drug and alcohol testing program
- Providing a Greenbush Transportation testing pool of over 800 school bus drivers
- Workshops on a variety of school transportation issues, including mechanic update classes
- Safety meeting and training video loan program through the Greenbush Media Center
- Clearinghouse for information on state and federal transportation regulations
- Clearinghouse for information on school bus equipment
- Liaison between schools and enforcement agencies
- Record keeping software available at a discount through Greenbush Cooperative Purchasing