Kansas Statewide CTE Mentoring
Greenbush – The Southeast Kansas Education Service Center in partnership with the Kansas Center for Career and Technical Education at Pittsburg State University was awarded a federal grant under the Career & Technical Education (CTE) Teacher Pathway Initiative to implement a Kansas Statewide CTE Mentoring Network. Objectives of the project include:
- Partner with the Kansas Center for Career & Technical Education to enhance and expand their mentoring program aligned with state and national standards for best practices in mentoring.
- Develop an online Community of Practice to institutionalize mentoring best practices, including developing Explorations modules for deeper learning.
- Improve partnerships with the CTE teacher education programs (PSU, KSU, FHSU). Each IHE partner will work collaboratively within their region to support both mentors and mentees.
- Increase the number of trained CTE mentors within Kansas.\
- Develop a sustainable mentoring program to support the recruitment and retention of new CTE teachers in Kansas.
To learn more about participating in the mentoring program check out KCCTE Statewide Mentoring Network.